Everyone wants to start an online business to make money. Whether you want an online business as a side hustle or a full-time thing, getting the right idea is a must to succeed. Of course, there are lots of profitable website ideas to choose from. But choosing a good website idea can be difficult if you have little knowledge of the business. Continue reading this article to know the five profitable website ideas for your business.
What Do I Need to Get a Website?
You need a website to get your idea to life. The list below contains what you need to make a website.
- Domain Name – Your domain name is your website’s online address. This is what your customers will type before they can access your website. When choosing a domain name, remember to keep it short. Also, if possible, you can add one or two keywords from your business to your domain. Domain name cost starts from $20 per year and can go up depending on the domain registrar.
- Web Hosting – A web host connects your website to the internet by hosting its files on its server. There are lots of web hosting companies you can choose from and their services cost anywhere from $50 per year to $200. When choosing a web host, remember that cheap is not always the best. A cheap website hosting company will save money at first, but prevent your website from making money for you.
- Platform – The website platform you choose will help you in creating and managing your content. Of course, you can build a website from scratch if you don’t want to use a platform. For new small businesses, it is advisable to use a content management system like WordPress.
- Theme and Plugins – If you decide to use WordPress, you must select a theme that matches your business. WordPress has lots of beautiful themes that you can use to change the looks of your website. Always remember to select a lightweight theme that loads fast. With plugins, you can add extra functionalities to your website. You can build a full e-commerce store with the WordPress plugin.
- Website Builder – A website builder makes it easy for you to add content to your website. With the right website builder, you can drag and drop images, widgets and text around the interface and finish your website faster. Elementor is a great website builder to use with WordPress.
Five Website Ideas to Make Money For Your Business
Of course, there are several website ideas you can start if you want to make money. Here are the five profitable website ideas for your business.
Tip: Before building your website or starting an online business, it is important to research the business to determine its viability. Most businesses are not just good online because they have low search volume. Search volume is the number of times online users search for things related to a business. For example, Nike Air Force 1 has a search volume of 150,000 per month. This means that one hundred and fifty thousand people want to buy that sneaker in a month. So, if the business you are thinking of has a good search volume that is not less than one thousand, there is a good chance you will make money.
The e-commerce industry has seen a huge growth in the last two years. Thanks to an increase in online shopping, having an e-commerce store is a profitable website idea. You can grab your share of the e-commerce industry by setting up your store with WordPress and WooCommerce. There is no need to list your products on Amazon, instead, sell directly to your customers whether local or international. With an e-commerce store, you can sell physical products as well as digital products like e-books and online courses. To build a powerful e-commerce website with WordPress, WooCommerce and Elementor, you will spend at least $2000 if you calculate the domain, hosting and web developer fee.
Drop-shipping is another profitable website idea and popular because it is easy to start, and you don’t have to own the product. With a drop-shipping website, you can sell physical products without having them in your inventory. This website idea is simple. When a customer places an order on your drop-shipping website and pays you, you order from the supplier and send it to the customer. Of course, shipping cost is one problem when starting a drop-shipping website. That is why it is best to go with small products like cosmetics etc., to reduce shipping charges.
Personal or Travel Blog
Do you love writing content? You can make money doing what you love by building a personal website. With the Elementor blog template kit, you can create responsive and visually appealing blog posts. If your website is well optimized, you can reach more customers and earn money by promoting affiliate products.
Are you a business coach that wants to reach more clients online? One profitable website idea for your business is a consulting site. This kind of website is useful to professionals in a field and you can share your experiences with your clients and assist them – for a few of course.
Do you love cooking and want to show your skills to your audience online? A food/recipe blog is a great way to share your cooking idea with more people. You can earn from affiliate programs or drop-ship cooking products to your customers.
While starting a website is a good idea, choosing the right business is crucial to making money. We have discussed the five most profitable website ideas for your business in this article. You can select any business idea that appeals to you.