Are you planning to hire remotely? Most businesses are taking advantage of the global talent pool and hiring employees from different parts of the world to build their teams. They have built a high-performing remote team of software developers, graphic designers, web developers, SEO experts, content developers, etc. If your organization wants to build a remote team, you should get the right skills to handle your project. So, how do I build a high-performing remote team of software developers? What is a software developer, and how do I hire one? This article provides answers to those questions.
What Is a High-performing Team?
Before defining a software developer, let’s consider a remote high-performing team. What is a high-performance team? A high-performance team is a dedicated squad.
They share a common goal and are held to high standards. With time, team members will continue to bring in their skill sets in a way that benefits the group and the organization.
If you build a high-performing team in your organization, you can rely on them to get complex, sensitive tasks done following best practices and within the set deadline. Now that we know what a high-performance team is let’s consider its characteristics.
What Are the Characteristics of a High-performance Team?
While every high-performing team will be slightly different because of the organization’s work culture, the best team tends to have some of these characteristics.
- High skill levels. Members of high-performance teams are often experts in areas of expertise and will use their skills to get tasks done efficiently.
- Dedicated to a common goal. Another characteristic of a high-performance squad is that they are dedicated to a common goal. The team is usually focused on the outcome of a project and works in sync to achieve positive results.
- Trust. Members of a high-performing team trust one another and are not afraid to work together on a project since they are all committed to achieving a positive result. Team members are also committed to continuous improvement and always give their best.
- Accountability. Members of high-performance teams are held accountable for the results of their work. They know the organization’s work culture and best practices regarding a task and will ensure they fulfill all the deliverables. If the project doesn’t go as planned, they regroup, reassess, and adopt a new plan to achieve peak performance.
What Is a Software Developer?
Software developers are programmers who use their skills to build software that meets users’ needs. They create computer applications that let users do specific tasks and the underlying systems that run the devices.
Typically, software developers will meet with the client and then build, test and deploy software based on the specification they have reached.
Jobs and Skills of a Software Developer
Software developers write code to build the structure of a website or mobile app. They perform the following tasks:
- Build and test software based on the client’s specifications
- Upgrade and update existing software
- Document the code for future references
- Perform software quality assurance on websites or applications.
To do all these tasks, they must have the right skills. Some of the skills of software developers are:
- Data analysis
- Data structure and algorithms
- Version control
- Databases management
- Agile project development methods
- Debugging and software testing
Building a High-performing Remote Team of Software Developers
Hire the Right Fit
But, you have to apply extra care since you are hiring remotely. If you can’t do the task on your own, you can always hire an outsourcing service like Websavis to help you build your team.
At Websavis service, we have an ecosystem of experts from software developers to SEO experts, content writers, graphic designers, business advisers and project managers that can deliver the best results. Our teams are pre-vetted and have the right skills.
Set Clear Organisation Work Culture
Every organization has different ways of doing things. So, after hiring the right fit, you must set a clear work culture to help your team adapt to how you work. This means letting your team members know what is expected of them.
Use the Right Tools
Remote working is impossible without using tech tools like project management tools, video conferencing tools, etc. For your team to give their best, you have to give them access to the right tech tools. Useful software are Slack, Trello, Zoom, Asana, and cloud computing technologies.
Communication is the key to getting a project done efficiently. You must communicate regularly with your software developers and encourage members to communicate to collaborate on a project. Of course, this means using tools like Zoom or Meet to facilitate engagement.
So, what is next? Are you planning to build a high-performing remote team of software developers? Why not let us help you form your squad. Our developers are pre-vetted and have the right skills for each project requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Software developers create software or computer applications that allow users to do specific tasks. Also, they build the underlying systems that power your website or mobile application.
High-performance teams are built on trust, and members have a clear vision of how to move the business forward. Team members work effectively and efficiently when they share a common goal, use the right tool, and regularly collaborate to achieve the best result.